Monday, July 14, 2014

A bit more about me.

 


       I'm sorry it has been a few days ,but here I am. Today I wanted to tell you guys something about myself so you can get to know me a little bit better.

A little over a year ago I was diagnosed with Turner Syndrome. If you don't know what that is it's a genetic condition were one of a girl's X chromosomes is damaged or missing. It has a lot of symptoms and some girls have a more severe case than others. The two symptoms that almost all TS girls have are infertility and short stature. I have a mild case and those are are pretty much the only two symptoms that I have (that I know of).

I got diagnosed when my mom and I decided that 17 was a little late for a late bloomer. I was so much shorter than the re st of my family that I was made fun of. When the doctor was trying to figure out what was wrong with me I had to go through like four or five rounds of blood work. At the very beginning the doctor thought I may be a boy on the inside. When I was given the final diagnosis I really wasn't that upset. I had decided that as long as I wasn't dying I was going to be fine. Some people may have freaked out when they found out that they can't have kids but I was alright, mostly because I've always been open to adoption.



Well that is my little thing on TS. Sorry if it wasn't very good. If you have any questions or suggestions for things you want me to talk about leave them in the comments. And ,I'll talk to you guys next time!

-Rickki


P.S. If you're wondering if that makes me a boy it doesn't

No comments:

Post a Comment